Beautiful Bath ...... the gateway to the lovely Cotswolds
'Built By Brunel'
This decidedly Georgian looking hotel was, in fact, built by Isambard Kingdom Brunel the famous English architect of the time for the arrival of the railway in Victorian times and the "Royal" prefix was given as a reminder of Queen Victoria 's visit to the City of Bath . The Royal commenced trading in 1846.
The original name was the Royal Station Hotel and because of the growing influence of rail travel and its close proximity to the station in 1852 an upper level footbridge was built directly linking the first floor of the hotel with the station platforms, for the convenience of hotel guests. This footbridge remained until 1936.
The Royal has changed ownership a number of times during its over 150 years of history and in March 1995 PR Partnership acquired the business. 'PR' is a small private company wholly owned by its two partners who are highly experienced hoteliers and restaurateurs. They are committed to continually improving both the physical aspects of the hotel and the standards of service, food and hospitality to ensure that guests have a comfortable and enjoyable visit which will be repeated many times.