Becoming a parent can be a challenging as well as rewarding time. So in anticipation of the new person you’ll be bringing into the world what better way to treat mum-to-be as well as your other half, by booking yourself into a relaxing “Babymoon” break in Bath before life changes. It’ll be a lovely pampering time, plus you can visit some fantastic children’s stores to stock up on any last minute goodies. Here’s our guide of things to do for parents-to-be in Bath:
- Our SPA BREAKS offer fantastic value and enhances your trip to this famous spa city. A 2 night Spa Break costs from only £159.00 per person B&B (DBB Spa Packages available) Included in your Break is 2 nights in our comfortable en-suite bedrooms with Full English and a Continental buffet breakfast each morning; entrance to the world famous Thermae Bath Spa, AND a Taittinger Champagne Cream Tea in our 1846 Bar. Of course, if you’re avoiding alcohol we’ve a lovely selection of Twining’s teas and herbal teas available…plus we’re sure your other half will help with that extra glass of champagne! Upgrades to Superior and Four Poster Rooms are subject to availability, please ask upon booking.
- The Thermae Bath Spa offer a selection of Pregnancy Treatments, including their signature Watsu treatment as well as tailor-made massages and facials. All can be booked directly with the Spa before you arrive in Bath to take your break.
- Even if you’re not on one of our Spa Breaks we offer great value in the heart of the city, plus we’re directly opposite the train station. Double or Twin rooms start from as little as £135.00 per room per night B&B. Our MIDWEEK LEISURE DEAL is fantastic value as well – 2 nights Bed and Breakfast PLUS a 3 course Dinner every night from our A la Carte Menu in our Parisian style Brasserie Brunel, from only £139.00 per person (saving £70.00 per couple). Our best prices can be found not on other booking sites but by booking with us direct. Simply give us a call and find out.
- During your stay at The Royal you can book a PAMPER PACKAGE with Awen Health & Beauty, to enjoy all in the comfort of your room at the Hotel. They offer exclusive packages for our guests, and what a way to treat the pregnant lady in your life with a luxurious pedicure or manicure, and perhaps even a facial. Simply call and book on 07816 876431. Please inform them at time of booking if you are pregnant.
- Other Beauty Salons in the city also offer Pregnancy packages and Pre or Post Natal treatments, for example – Green Street House on Green Street, Neal’s Yard in Northumberland Place, and Bath Pregnancy Massage at The Practice Rooms on Upper Borough Walls.
- A bit of retail therapy might be on the cards when you visit Bath, and we’ve got a great selection of shops, including many independents, that can cater for you and your children. Find maternity wear, unique toys, beautiful clothes, plus furnishing for the nursery at JoJo Maman Bebe on Cheap Street, Eric Snook’s on Union Passage, Gap Kids on Milsom Street, Spotty Herberts in Queen Street and Up to Seven on Pulteney Bridge.
- If you’re visiting with some little ones already, then head along to the wonderful Music for Miniatures, created by a musical mum from Bath. It enables you and your babies (ages 0 to 4) to enjoy classical music at a variety of day-time concerts at St Swithun’s Church on Walcot Street where noise is encouraged and you can enjoy being in a relaxed atmosphere. Check website for details of upcoming concerts.
With all these wonderful treats and ideas, a break in Bath will certainly be the perfect Babymoon for you and your loved one. Plus many of our guests often return after the birth with their little ones to enjoy our hospitality again especially as we offer not just a warm Royal Hotel welcome but also Family Rooms, cots, baby changing, and high chairs.
(PLEASE NOTE: The Thermae Bath Spa recommends that if you are pregnant to double check with your doctor, and be prepared to come with a doctor’s letter if you are able to enjoy the waters. Your health and that of the baby is of the most upmost importance. Thermae Spa Treatments stated are suitable for women after the first trimester. If you are unsure at any time, please consult your doctor and also call the Thermae Spa directly beforehand. All details correct as of March 2017, please double check with businesses beforehand)
Photographs and Images copyright Thermae Bath Spa, The Royal Hotel, Spotty Herberts, Music for Miniatures, Neal’s Yard, Awen Health & Beauty, Visit Bath.