During the winter period, the weather unfortunately cannot be guaranteed. So if you’re planning a visit to Bath, you’ll want to primarily focus on attractions that will provide you with a safe haven from the elements. But not to worry, as there is plenty of things to do that meet that requirement.
Things to Do in Bath in the Winter
1. Visit the Roman Baths – This is a must-visit attraction no matter what time of year you come to Bath. People flock from all over the world to see this historical site, and the twilight tours in particular make it a truly magical experience.
2. Walk the City Skyline – People in the know say that the best time of year to walk the city skyline is in the winter. It offers some stunningly beautiful views over the city.
3. Go to See a Show – There is no shortage of entertainment options in Bath, that’s for sure. The Theatre Royal is definitely worth a visit and puts on theatre, comedy and opera shows year-round. There is something for everyone.
4. Experience Pulteney Bridge – If you walk along the River Avon, you’ll come to Pulteney Bridge. It was built in the 18th Century and is one of the most iconic landmarks in Bath. Its name comes from the landowner that funded its construction – William Pulteney – with his vision at the time being the creation of a new town on the other side of the Avon. Today its interior is lined with beautiful little retailers and coffee shops on each side.
5. Bath Abbey – The structure that towers above the rest of the city’s skyline is that of Bath Abbey. It’s visible no matter which corner of the city you find yourself in. The modern Abbey was built in 1500, although its roots go back much further than that. Its Gothic exterior appears magical, and its interior even more breathtaking. It’d be criminal not to visit it while in Bath.
A Few More ideas…
- Visit the Jane Austen centre
- Admire the fine art at the Holburne museum
- Explore the culinary scene – there are some truly amazing restaurants to dine at
There’s something for everyone in Bath. If you’re in the process of booking a trip and are looking for the perfect place to base yourself in the city, contact the Royal Hotel. We will make your stay with us truly memorable.