As you might imagine, selecting the best spots for a date in Bath is not an easy task, not with so many fantastic places to choose from. Whether it’s the Georgian architecture of the city you love, or the rolling hills and green valleys that surround it, there is a plethora of spots awaiting you. To make your task a little easier, we have compiled a list of our favourite spots, which you can use as a starting point for your own romantic adventures.
What We Think Are the Best Spots for a Date in Bath
Any of the following spots could be the perfect place to start a new relationship in Bath, or to fan the flames of an existing one:
- The Hive Bar & Kitchen – A 20-minute walk or 5-minute taxi ride from our hotel is the Hive Bar & Kitchen, which is a fantastic venue for a lunchtime date in Bath. Great food, great wine and great service are all waiting for you there.
- The River Avon – The River Avon easily earns its place on any list of best spots for a date in Bath, at least as far as we are concerned. What could be more romantic than a gentle boat trip through the city and surrounding countryside? Quaint wooden rowing boats and modern canoes can be rented from the Bath Boating Station.
- Thermae Bath Spa – The Thermae is a rooftop pool spa that’s located right in the centre of Bath, just half a mile from The Royal. As an adult-only spa, it is the ideal spot for a relaxing date with your partner.
- Green Park Brasserie – Situated in the old railway station building, Green Park Brasserie is an excellent place for a candlelit steak supper and has won awards for its food.
- Southgate – Going shopping might not sound like a great date idea but Southgate is a beautiful open-air shopping area that you and your partner are sure to love.
If you’re looking for the perfect place to stay in Bath for a romantic break, remember to check our room availability before you leave.